Senior Software Data Engineer
16 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Senior Software Data Engineer
The Blizzard China Shanghai office is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to implement a new data platform that will power all our epic entertainment experiences in China. As a member of the Data Team, you'll contribute to one of the world's largest and most robust data pipelines to collect information that powers analytics, operations, discovery, and machine learning throughout Blizzard's products and services. From real-time operational awareness to machine learning systems for epic gameplay experiences. Blizzard is aiming to be a world leader in Big Data.
This position is focused on the development and integration of the Data Platform. You'll help build components that glue the pipeline together and integrate with 3rd party and open source systems such as Kafka, Elasticsearch, Spark, and Hadoop. From building micro-services that support the platform's use-cases to creating epic Spark jobs to accomplish streaming/batch goals- you'll work with a team of engineers to plan, develop, and maintain massively scaled systems that handle billions of messages each day.
If you can imagine yourself in the center of the data revolution at the most epic company ever, and you want to help shape the future of Big Data platforms- this may be the job for you! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will report to the Associate Director of Data in Blizzard China, and located in Blizzard China Shanghai office.
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting large scale distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in designing software systems from the ground up
- Expertise in Java, Scala, or another JVM based language
- Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure (OpenStack / AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Experience with data at scale and the problems that come with it
- Proven and demonstrable ability to rapidly learn and master complex systems and their codebase
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Akka
- Experience with distributed NoSQL stores (HBase, Cassandra)
- Experience with large scale data processing frameworks (Spark, Hive, Presto)
- Experience with stream processing frameworks (Spark Streaming, Flink)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.