Senior Site Reliability Engineer
17 days ago
We make games - that's awesome. In fact, our software entertains millions of people around the world with the most fantastic and immersive interactive experiences ever made, and we strive to exceed ourselves with every new title.
Amazing games are made by amazing people. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. Together, we enable our players to be heroes, whether by saving the planet from alien invaders, slaying dragons or scoring the winning touchdown. Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will report to the SRE - Lead.
The Challenge Ahead:
- Cloud innovations change the gaming industry landscape every day, adding new capabilities, enabling new scenarios, and redefining the category.
- Within EA, the Game Server Hosting organization builds the critical, cloud-native game server infrastructure and studio-facing tooling that underpins EA's current generation of multiplayer games and fuels innovation of the next wave.
- We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to support the GSH team by writing tools to make it easier for EA's game teams to onboard with and use our services.
- You will create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will help design and develop robust, supportable tools to automate the deployment and management of distributed, large-scale production systems on cloud services.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring infrastructure and application availability to ensure SLI and SLO.
- 3+ years of experience with managing cloud-based service infrastructure and software using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Strong understanding of *nix operating systems.
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components.
- Familiarity with common infrastructure and software deployment automation tools such as Terraform, Helm and ArgoCD.
- Experience writing code in Golang, Python, or Java and scripting with Bash.
- Experience working with distributed systems.