Senior Server Engineer
19 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
You’ll be a guiding voice on one of our Fall Guys Game Services teams. Working closely with the wider game team you’ll build features which are scalable, instrumented and monitored. You’ll take ownership of discussions with game designers, reduce ambiguity to understand product requirements and work with the rest of your team to turn them into implemented production-ready services. As a Senior Engineer you can get to the bottom of anything you set your mind to - issues with production databases, determining why an application is down, or talking through game design considerations to reduce technical complexity. You truly own your work, looking after your features end-to-end and considering not only what an API looks like, but how other teams integrate with your work, how it can be developed incrementally to provide value as soon as possible, how it can be promoted out to production, and how it should be monitored.
In this role, you will
- Lead, collaborate on and deliver complex game features.
- Work with engineering and project management to prioritise work in alignment with product goals.
- Share responsibilities across the team through pairing and collaboration to avoid becoming a single point of failure.
- Actively participate in mentoring others in the team
- Work with the wider Fall Guys team and other teams across Epic.
- Own deployment and monitoring of your work in production.
- Write code that can be easily understood and worked on by others.
What we're looking for
- An engineer with experience of .net C#, and azure technologies (kubernetes and terraform are a bonus)
- A great communicator who is a positive voice both in the team and when representing the team, communicating efficiently and effectively to keep things moving forward.
- A person who can collaborate with their development team to convert requirements, specs and problem statements from design and product into detailed technical requirements and designs.
- A person who can break down complex problems into small vertical slices and implement them quickly, so that value can be delivered as soon as possible.
- A person who can work autonomously and understand how what they are working on contributes to the bigger picture. They can raise valid risks or concerns as and when they see them and can reduce ambiguity before it becomes a problem.
- A person who can investigate any blocking dev or live issue, and use logs, metrics and other information at their disposal to understand the cause and the best short-term fixes and longer-term improvements.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.