Senior Rendering Software Engineer - C++
12 days ago
As a member of the Special Projects in Applied Research and Collaboration (SPARC) Team, you will develop ground-breaking game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with EA's game development teams.
You will be part of a distributed and Agile team, with the purpose of solving technical challenges from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to game development.
The SPARC team is looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer to join our team. The Senior Graphics Engineer will guide technical execution of projects across EA Studios and Partners.
What the Senior Graphics Engineer will do in SPARC:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will take a primary role in development, help determine and improve features and own delivery
- Work with the Studio Technical Directors, Frostbite Leadership, and Partners to drive feature execution, optimization, and performance
- Conduct performance reviews of near-ship titles across EA
- Develop graphics features for EA titles and supported engines
- Lead by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, maintainable code with few defects
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across EA
- Design, author, test, and deploy maintainable solutions
- Learn; stay on top of the latest research in graphics and implementing it in EA's Games
Who You Are?
- 8+ years of C++ graphics engineering experience, AAA experience preferred
- An understanding of modern graphics APIs such as DirectX12, Vulkan, or Metal
- Direct experience with one or more of the following: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, iOS, Android
- A desire to improve your skill set and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together
- Experience with graphics performance analysis, optimization, and associated tools such as PIX
- Experience developing rendering techniques, implementing white papers, researching the latest and greatest
- Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Raytracing or DXR Experience
What is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k/RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.