Senior Rendering Engineer
1 month ago
At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
Turtle Rock Studios is looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our core tech team! This role will involve designing and building new rendering features in Unreal Engine 5, maintaining and improving our cross-platform technologies, and ensuring that both our creative teams as well as our players have awesome experiences with our computer graphics solutions. As a senior engineer, you will be instrumental in helping shape Turtle Rock Studios' graphics technologies for our next gen titles.
- Create new rendering features and extend existing features to meet project goals
- Investigate and resolve performance and stability issues both in stock Unreal Engine as well as our in-house solutions
- Troubleshoot cross-platform problems to ensure we're using consoles and modern PC hardware as effectively as possible
- Bring external research and novel ideas to bear on Turtle Rock's rendering technologies
- Minimum of 5 years as an engine or rendering programmer having shipped a title in that role
- Experience with modern C++ concepts such as metaprogramming, compiler optimization, and techniques from C++11 onward
- Strong knowledge of math concepts including linear algebra and trigonometry as well as experience applying these concepts in high performance computing settings
- Knowledge of and experience implementing many typical rendering algorithms such as shadowing, decals, etc.
- Experience with computer simulation and integration techniques
- Knowledge of modern graphics API concepts such as bindless resources, indirect drawing, etc.
- Experience authoring and profiling shaders in a production environment
- Desire to collaborate with artists, designers and other programmers
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience developing and shipping for modern consoles
- Knowledge of profiling packages such as PIX and Razor
- Knowledge of real time raytracing APIs such as DXR and hybrid renderers in general
- Experience coding and debugging multi-threaded systems
- Knowledge of DX12 features and techniques
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage for you and your family
- 401k Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements - In-House, Hybrid, and Remote
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Company Events - In-Person Summer Family Bash + Halloween Party + Virtual Events
- Fully Stocked Kitchen + Sponsored Food Trucks
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.