Senior QA Engineer
7 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer that will contribute to the technical testing efforts of the Fortnite - Tech team, which includes platform support, Client/Server performance, automation frameworks, and data analysis.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, engineers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for platform support and performance
- Build test plans to cover platform support and performance in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Analyze, report and track performance data quality and use that data to drive conversations around live product quality and development health
- Design and implement automated test cases, test efficiency tools and scripts
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional QA experience
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years professional coding experience
- Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
- Previous experience working with data and/or analytics preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior members on technical topics and features
- Previous experience using proprietary or third party developer tools to perform root cause analysis
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.