Senior Prop Artist [Anno] (f/m/d)
Mainz RP de
6 days ago
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Senior Prop Artist (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
In this role you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with the major focus on creation and integration of 3D content in line with the vision and technology of the project
How you will make an impact:
- Close collaboration with the Art Director and Lead Artist to work within the visual style of the game
- Production of realistic and high-quality assets (modeling and texturing) that meet the expectations of a AAA Ubisoft game
- Integration of 3D assets into the game engine meeting both engine and quality requirements
- Ensuring technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into the game including necessary modifications
- Maintaining quality, efficiency and consistency across your work
- Establishing artistic benchmarks and ensuring regular monitoring
- Ensuring performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets
- Setting up configuration, dynamic objects and other functionalities of art assets
- Providing support and advice for other artists
What experience you should offer:
- Minimum 4-5 years experience as a Prop Artist or 3D Artist, having shipped at least 1 title
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush
- Complete familiarity with various steps in the design of real-time 3D assets: high and low poly modelling, baking processes (organic and hard surface), and texturing (realistic).
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for the creation of textures (Substance Suite /Photoshop, baking tools)
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Ability to construct and elaborate on assets/props based on key reference or concepts;
- Ability to closely adapt a specific art style
- Keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Strong understanding of balancing quality standards and game performance in a game engine
- Ability to take initiative, to work independently, resourceful and to deliver on time
- Adaptable and open to feedback
- Strong interpersonal skills - you are a proactive team player with a positive attitude
- Curiosity and a strong interest in the video game industry and best practices
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Great understanding of architecture and urbanism is a plus
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder) are a plus
- Shader creation knowledge is a plus
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
- Ability to manage FX and lighting is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
What we offer you:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.