Senior Program Manager, Onboarding
8 days ago
Job Title:Senior Program Manager, Onboarding
Title: Senior Program Manager, Onboarding – Learning & Development
Reports to: VP, Head of Culture
Location: Irvine, CA (Hybrid)
Is this you? You are a person who has dedicated your time, mental energy, and effort to honing the craft of developing others. You enjoy welcoming employees to the organization and ensuring an effective onboarding experience that goes beyond Day 1. Not only are you a natural teacher and facilitator, but you are also the ultimate project manager bringing your strategic planning and organizational skills to all your learning programs. To that end, we are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Program Manager, Onboarding to join our Learning & Development team based out of our Irvine, CA headquarters.
This position will build Blizzard’s global onboarding experience ensuring that our employees know Blizzard’s values and business priorities and have the information and resources necessary to be successful in their role. You will collaborate with managers and key partners across all Blizzard teams and align with our partner teams within ABK HR.
- Lead the design and implementation of a global onboarding program for both in-person and remote Blizzard new hires
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships across the business to establish effective onboarding processes and clear roles
- Construct a scalable onboarding roadmap for new hires with consistent engagements during the first year of employment
- Partner with Operations teams to ensure Blizzard new hires have all the resources for a successful Day 1 and beyond
- Collaborate with all Blizzard departments to share onboarding standard processes and partner with teams to build their team-specific onboarding programs
- Refresh and maintain new hire resources and information on the Blizzard Onboarding Hub
- Ensure Blizzard onboarding complements and supplements ABK and Blizzard team onboarding programs
- Conduct regular surveys to evaluate what’s working and identify areas of improvement for the employee onboarding experience
- Identify, implement, and support meaningful changes in both the content of orientation and the onboarding process holistically
- Facilitate a variety of instructor-led courses including New Hire Orientation
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in onboarding, talent development, project management, or in a similar role
- Key skills – needs assessment, project/program management, facilitation, presentation, communication, influence, strategic thinking, analysis, and problem-solving
- Strong advising (internal or external) experience and skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and effectively influence a diverse team
- Able to succeed in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work; achieves results with little oversight
- Strong work ethic and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work at a fast pace in a multitasking environment and be flexible to ramp up or change directions as needed
- Experience working with remote teams
- Understanding of creative and fast-paced cultures and environments
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.