Senior Manager - Inclusion, Diversity & Purpose
21 days ago
The Senior Manager of Inclusion, Diversity and Purpose will help lead inclusion, diversity and purpose strategies to create a culture of inclusion and belonging for all Discord Employees. Reporting to the Head of Inclusion, Diversity and Purpose, you will build and manage our employee resource group strategy and talent recruiting partnerships to create equitable pathways for joining and thriving at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Create and manage inclusion and diversity programs from concept to launch. Advise important partners across HR, Recruiting, Engineering, Product Marketing, etc. on inclusion and diversity best practices.
- Manage our employee resource group program. Manage programing, employee engagement events, budget and storytelling to create a culture of belonging and tell a holistic and unified story and activation.
- Partner with Discord's Recruiting team to design and manage Diversity recruiting programs and partnerships. Create a strategy to attract diverse talent and create accelerated development and apprenticeship programs.
- Drive partnerships and understanding of all programs and campaigns focused on an inclusive culture and promoting diversity.
- Advise on Inclusion & Diversity-focused programs, current events, and inclusion best practices to departments that foster an equitable culture at Discord.
- Stay connected with employees and externally, using data, insights, and industry trends to support and promote organizational change that fosters Inclusion, Diversity, and Purpose.
What you should have
- 6+ years of experience in program management in human resources or diversity & inclusion.
- Experience managing employee resource groups and building diversity partnerships.
- Program and project management skills, ability to operationalize and scale programs.
- Experience using data and insights to influence and develop/track solutions.
- Great collaboration with broad teams, abilities to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously with quality results.
- Resiliency and nimbleness, comfortable working in "grey areas".
- Experience partnering with people from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience managing and scaling Employee Resource Group and Talent Attraction and Apprenticeship programs.
- Desire to help unlock Belonging at a mission driven company committed to creating belonging for communities.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.