This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Manager or Project Manager to join the video games industry
4 months ago
Have you ever dreamt of working with video games? Do you have a senior background in product or project management? If so, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our fun and vibrant industry, working on great games with a cast of passionate and amazing people.
Normally, we’d only recruit candidates with experience from the video games industry - but now, we want to bring you in, and put you in a situation where you can learn the ropes of our industry, while still playing a key role thanks to your deep experience from similar positions.
At Paradox, your title will be Senior Producer, so let’s dig into what that means.
As a Senior Producer in our publishing department, you help our studios deliver the best game possible, ensuring development is leading towards o ur vision for the game. You play a key role in influencing our games and their setup for success, in close collaboration with great colleague s and great studios.
Early in the project, you do this by developing the plans and budgets for the project together with the studio and your product team. You’ll travel to visit the studio and start building a relationship with them. You work together with the game team to make sure the game design is entertaining and adheres to the overall vision for the game.
As development progresses, you guide the studio through our publishing process - playing the game and reviewing deliverables at each milestone, ensuring the project is on-track. You will also be the person closest to the studio, establishing a strong relationship through regular visits and discussions. By building a mutual trust and shared understanding of the project, you help everyone stay informed and make the best decisions possible, striking a balance between quality, budget and delivering on time.
As your game nears launch, you can choose to attend marketing events alongside the developers, conducting interviews and presenting the game to press and partners.
- Creating and managing the production plans
- Managing and prioritizing the production budget
- Conducting milestone reviews and evaluating game design, identifying and highlighting issues in order to ensure fun
- Solving problems and managing risks
- Ensuring final software quality and delivery
- Making sure the product team is up-to-date with the development progress and status
- Collaborating with the other Paradox departments
- Guiding the development team through the development process
- Being the main point of contact on the publishing side for the development team
- Nurturing a healthy relationship with the development team
- You have spent at least 6 years in highly relevant positions, such as Product Owner, Product Manager, Project Manager or Producer
- You have a passion for video games and a current understanding of the market, preferably including its communities and studios
- It is extra meriting if you have worked with software development - especially in a development team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
On a personal level, you are passionate about moving the projects forward by both proactively solving problems and being able to think on the fly. You are a great communicator both verbally and in writing. You have an ability to explain complex problems in digestible form. You constantly seek out other people and departments for collaboration and alignment.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.