This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
GSN Games, the leading developer in mobile and social games, is seeking a Senior Product Manager with a passion for in-game marketing of world-class mobile games to join our casual games studio based in Palo Alto and San Francisco.
About the GSN Casual Games Studio:
Our studio consists of a talented group of game artists, designers, engineers, product people and marketers who craft industry-leading mobile games providing very high quality experiences. This studio is the home of Solitaire Tripeaks by GSN, the #1 revenue solitaire game on mobile that has quickly grown into one of the top grossing games on both iOS and Android.
What You’ll Do:
As a leader in our studio’s Product Management group, your goal (and success) will be driving the product areas of strategy and overseeing execution. At a strategic level, you’ll work with the Director of Product and product team to identify how our players play, how the product is meeting player goals (and how it’s not), what features best fill gaps, participate (and drive) a data review process that helps the team continually understand all this, and help the team to develop & maintain the roadmap for the team to make the best product we can.
At the tactical level, you’ll work with the analysts, designers and development group to make sure roadmaps are followed, data is understood and leveraged, new features are forecasted and evaluated, and the overall player journeys are well executed across team areas of responsibility.
While the position has no direct management responsibilities, this position drives the high level goals and priorities of project teams.
- Analyze data to find opportunities and risks and propose adjustments to the roadmap accordingly
- Create models to estimate the KPI impact of new features
- Create Product Design documents that include behavioral goals, KPI targets and technical requirements
- Effectively and persuasively present projects & priorities to the team, while adjusting direction based on team feedback and capabilities
- Implement new monetization features using live-ops tools
- Work with dev team leaders to ensure successful development of features and projects
- Work with the data team to forecast the outcome of your features and report the actuals after release
- With Analytics team, create proper instrumentation for measuring goal success, track feature release KPIs, and propose adjustments to improve performance
- Present results and data to the Solitaire TriPeaks team
- Understand/expand player segmentation to evolve precise value propositions
- 3+ years delivering features and products in a game, MMO, consumer web, social network, or entertainment product industry (Experience with mobile games a plus.)
- You are fascinated by data and the power it gives teams to make informed decisions
- You proactively find potential problems through data analysis, and also suggest solutions.
- You’re proficient in data visualization using Excel or other similar tools (Experience with SQL and Tableau a plus)
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate testing a plus
- You are willing to get your hands dirty and help out where needed to get the job done
- You are a team player who works for the health of the game and the team
- You have integrity and will present the true data even if things didn’t turn out the way we had hoped or expected
- You have excellent people skills and enjoy working with others towards a common goal
- You are a critical thinker and are happy to have team members think critically about your work
- You have strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- You are a performance-driven self-starter who can get jobs done
- You are passionate about creating fun and compelling user experiences
- You have outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Degree in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Physics or other quantitative discipline a plus