Senior Product Manager, Unity Gaming Services
11 days ago
Unity powers over half of all games and over two-thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We put the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. Our industrial users are building massive simulations, such as million-square-foot warehouses with dozens of robots and hundreds of sensors. They use these simulations to test software against realistic virtual worlds, to teach and train robot operators, or to try physical integrations ahead of implementing them in the real world. Our goal is to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier.
The Socio-competitive development team is a top-flight group solving core problems for game developers. This role will have a direct impact on products that drive social connectivity in today’s gaming landscape; leaderboards, player progression, achievements, gifting, anything that helps developers bring their players together.
We are looking for an outstanding Sr. Product Manager for the Socio-competitive team. This is an opportunity to work with a top-flight development group with years of experience building forward-thinking solutions for Unity customers. This role will have exposure and influence over strategy and execution for Unity’s social and competitive services.
What you’ll be doing
- Own and maintain the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Socio-competitive development team as part of Unity’s services business
- Drive alignment between the Social & Competitive team’s internal customers, external customers and core development
- Partner with engineering, marketing, and sales teams to deliver a high-quality product for Unity customers
- Define meaningful metrics and success criteria for your team with a focus on customer outcomes
What we’re looking for
- Software product management experience working in gaming, social features, or backend services
- Understanding of common social mechanisms and technologies in gaming; leaderboards, friends, tournaments, clans, player-versus-player, player-versus-environment
- Familiarity with databases, data warehousing, and other backend technologies
- Strong prioritization skills including roadmap ownership, impact-certainty models and stack-ranking
- Data-driven proficiencies (dashboards, data analysis, key metric definitions)
You might also have
- Previous experience as a game product manager or producer
- Direct experience in mobile game or live operations
- An enthusiasm about gaming
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.