Senior Product Manager - Central Technology
2 months ago
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on game technology and shared services that drive the underlying gameplay experience. We’re looking for exceptional leaders with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. As a Senior Product Manager for Central Technology, you will be responsible for leading Product to design, develop, and maintain Zynga’s game technology to accelerate game development and streamline live event operations. This role is focused on expanding the cross-platform gaming platform, which includes store features and social networks. However, as you grow in the role, you will likely own additional products and services.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle — from opportunity evaluation, competitive analysis, requirements gathering, feature prioritization, product definition, stakeholder alignment, and owning the team backlog.
- Formulate product strategy using sound product judgment and define clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals
- Build business cases to justify product decisions using in-depth data analysis on key product metrics as well as consumer insights and qualitative analysis.
- Define metrics to measure success, product effectiveness, and quality.
- Define product vision by building a thorough understanding of customers' needs and competitive strategy — partnering with game team Product and Engineering leaders to create feedback loops to support continued improvements and needs prioritization across Zynga.
- Evangelize product offerings — obtaining adoption commitments from internal customers and aligning cross-team roadmaps. Articulate the value of each service in our portfolio and help game teams understand how these services can address their needs.
- Identify & deconstruct competitive offerings in the market, formulating insights and using them to inform future roadmap direction.
- Ability to balance player and game team interests and technical tradeoffs.
- Build best practices and positive team culture through close collaboration with other leaders in Central Technology.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of product management in mobile / desktop applications, social tech, or games
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications, and white papers
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Experience with growing a product using lean, data driven principles.
- Experience with data analytics and SQL experience preferred
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
- Experience in start-up, consumer tech, or consulting is strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree, MBA, or Computer Science preferred
- Familiarity with app stores, social networking, and console gaming a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily (when we are back in the office)
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.