Senior Producer, Mobile Client Features
16 days ago
Job Title:Senior Producer, Mobile Client Features
Job Title: Senior Producer, Mobile Client Features
Reporting To: Executive Producer, Mobile
Department: Mobile Production
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Senior Producer, Mobile Client Features is keystone for feature development execution. This entails active involvement through all phases of feature development including content pre-production and production, and implementation. Specific duties are overseeing areas including but not limited to scheduling, QA, budgeting, localizations, legal clearance, and other similar aspects of production. Your undertaking includes:
- Own the Client and Features pipeline and production processes to ensure fun, engaging content and features are delivered to our community smoothly and punctually
- Coordinate and communicate with Live Ops, Product, and Roadmap stakeholders to help execute against product goals.
- Oversee different aspects of production including localizations, legal clearance, tech initiatives, and other production related areas
- Provide ongoing risk assessments to mobile team leadership with respect to weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks to schedule; help troubleshoot and resolve issues
- 3-5 years of scoping, scheduling, staffing, budget, and project management for Mobile games
- Ability to prepare waterfall, roadmaps, short-to-medium term schedules and planning
- Identify bottlenecks in the project workflow/schedule
- Identify issues, provide options for resolution of owned areas
- Resourceful, steadfast and committed to delivering results
- Proactive & action-oriented; responds quickly to challenges
- Allocates own tasks and responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met
- Managing the career paths of the people reporting to them
- Understands how to tailor communication style to the audience (internal/external/executive)
- Earns trust & respect of peers; is viewed as a team player
- Good enough isn’t; must be a passionate advocate for excellence
- Builds strong relationships across the organization
- Can influence without authority
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Effectively balances competing priorities & spends time on what’s most important
The Senior Producer should also demonstrate:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills including organized and focused methods of working and task prioritization
- Ability to self-manage and self-pace
- Ability to manage producers reporting directly to them
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and development team cultures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of game development methodologies
- Positive attitude and passion for making games
- Commitment to staying current with production methodologies, ideas and processes
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.