Senior/Principal Backend Software Engineer - Identity
2 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we strive to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization's mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically and proactively detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this toolbelt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive, and we foster positive relationships between people around the world.
WHY ACCOUNT IDENTITY?
Safety and Civility is Roblox's #1 priority and our mission is to ensure safe, civil and appropriate experience for authentic and accountable users. The Account Identity team collects user identity signals, analyzes them, and exposes them in a scalable and secure manner to internal developers and creators. As a Principal Software Engineer (Backend) on the Account Identity team, you will lead the strategy and development of a unified Identity platform and expose the user attributes securely to internal and external developers. You will partner with other teams to understand their use cases to expose the identity attributes accordingly. If you are an engineer who is passionate about solving hard problems, building scalable and customer-focused platforms with high impact, then this is the team for you. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Account Identity Team.
- Lead the Account Identity Platform pod, providing a secure, accessible and reliable identity platform for Roblox
- Design and build backend services across large distributed systems
- Manage end-to-end solutions from creation to deployment
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend stack for the team
- 6+ years of experience designing reliable, available and large-scale distributed backend services
- 6+ years of experience building and shipping products to production
- Expertise in compiled languages such as Golang, Java or C#
- Experience setting up high bar for architecture quality
- Customer first mindset and excellent cross team collaboration skills
- Versatile: You are proficient in several programming languages and technologies. You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems
- An Owner: You can balance contributions to multiple projects
- Eager: You can ramp up quickly, which is necessary to understand and address problems
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$267,720 — $331,640 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.