Senior Paralegal, Global Peripheral and Merchandise Licensing
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Paralegal - Global Peripheral and Merchandise Licensing
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Mateo or Los Angeles, CA
Do you love video games and entertainment? Do you have significant global licensing and branding experience? If so, please keep reading! We are looking for a motivated, ethical, and conscientious senior paralegal with demonstrated global contract drafting, negotiation and management experience to serve as the primary and initial point of contact for all contract requests originating from the peripheral and merchandise licensing groups and be primarily responsible for drafting, processing and managing a wide variety of legal documents and agreements, from simple to complex. This role will also support special merchandise and peripheral development projects. Given the importance of the work and the many touch points within the business, an eye for detail, passion and commitment to excellence are essential. If you have a strong knack for nuances and want to be at the forefront of the latest and greatest gaming merchandise, then please apply with your resume below!
- Draft, negotiate and manage a high volume of a variety of agreements including non-disclosure agreements, standardized global license agreements, agent agreements, services agreements, vendor agreements, consultant agreements, broker agreements, development and supply agreements, renewals, limited and general shipping authorizations, demand letters, warning letters and other correspondence.
- Promptly respond to the global licensing-related business needs and provide independent and creative thinking/trouble shooting to help business teams develop solutions to issues as they arise.
- Exercise enhanced cross-cultural professionalism and client-service (including the prioritizing and escalating matters as needed) to both global business clients (peripheral licensing, merchandise licensing and peripheral development groups) and associated non-licensing related legal and business groups.
- Attend or lead weekly recurring sync meetings with global business partners, global legal counterparts, and agents/consultants.
- Develop close relationships with internal and external stakeholders and aid in the management of long-term business relationships.
- Develop global processes for efficient contract execution, including across regional teams.
- Help with the development of policies, practice guides, training materials, playbooks and guidelines for licensing business and legal teams.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or equivalent
- At least 12-15 years of relevant paralegal work experience, preferably with experience in the video game, technology, or entertainment industry
- Significant global licensing experience at another video game, entertainment or consumer products company.
- Solid understanding of intellectual property law, in particular copyright and trademark law.
- Collaborator, with effective communication, organizational, and drafting skills
- Meticulous and able to accommodate deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
this is an hourly non-exempt role
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$51 — $77 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.