Senior Networking Engineer
16 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios:
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features. You care about providing our players with the ultimate multiplayer experience they deserve.
- Develop network communication code that creates a smooth and real-time experience for Roblox players worldwide
- Improve the balance of the play experience across devices of widely different capabilities
- Work on all the devices Roblox supports - from desktop clients to mobile phone clients to console clients
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Real-time game networking, such as a networked shooter, RTS, or MMO
- 6+ years experience in building and managing teams of engineers.
- Strong expertise with C++
- Strong experience with Client/Server architectures.
- Experience with TCP/UDP and real-time networking protocols
- Experience with network debugging skills and tools and network performance / bandwidth analysis techniques and tools
- Knowledgeable about network protocols: you understand the messages exchanged during communication over these protocols
- Keen to understand each millisecond of the network exchanges: you know where the time goes and how to reduce the waste
- Self-sufficient: you can break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- Multi-platform: you understand, across all platforms, what happens hardware-level when certain code is executed
- Ready for a challenge: you're eager to tackle the hardest multiplayer network problems you can find
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is highly desired