Senior Network Engineer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Network Engineer
As a primary member of the Network Engineering team you will be responsible for the development, support and mid to long term considerations of a sophisticated global IP network that adheres to the highest standards to provide robust, low latency game streaming services to PlayStation Now customers around the globe. You will help contribute to an automation first operations team (DevOps) to increase our efficiencies and ability to scale.
- Contribute to the design and improvement of the global backbone and datacenter infrastructures and lead large cross-team initiatives.
- As a subject matter in at least one of the relevant protocols, languages, platforms and technologies, provide technical mentorship and support to mid and junior engineers in interpreting and reacting to network events.
- Use networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve on sub-optimal network behaviors.
- Leverage and assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Guide and assist deployment engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
- Contribute to our on-call and daily operations tasks including troubleshooting and resolving network faults, processing new requests and maintenances, and implementing changes. Respond to network events to provide timely resolution of incidents.
- 5+ years of progressive experience supporting large scale telecommunications environments in a service provider (CDN/ISP/NSP/Carrier), datacenter, financial or large enterprise network.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with service provider IGP implementations.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Comfortable with core backbone routers, layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- Capable of mentoring Mid and Junior network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Experience with ISIS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with MP-BGP routing policy in a global network environment.
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with Juniper MX , QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms.
- Experience working in load balancer topologies.
- Experience with optical media and optical transport systems.
- Experience using a distributed version control system (git).
- Experience building automation tools for large infrastructures.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.