Senior Network Engineer
24 days ago
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the online server infrastructure for The Molasses Flood's next major title. We are seeking a seasoned professional who can bring extensive experience in network engineering to enhance the multiplayer aspects of our game. Your contributions will directly play a critical role in providing our players the best gameplay experiences.
This is a full-time salaried position, reporting to the Technical Director. This job could be performed either working a hybrid model out of our office in the greater Boston area, or remote within the contiguous US states. Relocation assistance is available for moving to the Boston area. All staff work a schedule aligned to US eastern time, regardless of US location.
- Work with gameplay programmers and designers to help ensure that all game features are functional and optimized for the best player experience on clients and servers.
- Work closely with infrastructure teams across The Molasses Flood and CD Projekt Red to drive the implementation and feedback for matchmaking, server orchestration, containerization, and session scalability.
- Help guide and establish network programming patterns for other developers to follow.
- Maintain and support listen and dedicated servers on multiple platforms, including Linux, Windows, and console.
- Optimize dedicated and listen server usage for bandwidth, latency and overall network usage as well as ensuring optimal cpu and memory usage.
- Extensive networked multiplayer experience, with a proven track record of shipping networked multiplayer games utilizing the Unreal Engine.
- Excellent C++ skills, and familiarity with game scripting languages like Blueprint.
- Familiarity with various potential scripting languages used in server orchestration and usage, like Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment.
- Strong grasp of game networking concepts and trade offs required for cooperative multiplayer games..
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5.
- Experience with interfacing with various cloud providers, and other online infrastructure systems including Docker containerization.
- Commercial experience shipping games on multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of Linux development and potential Linux specific optimizations.
The expected annual salary range for this position is $120,000 - $180,000 USD, negotiable. Salary offered will be based upon a number of factors, including but not limited to: skill set, years and quality of experience, and suitability for the role.
What we offer:
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision plans available - for employees and dependents
- 401K with matching
- Company paid long & short term disability plans, and life insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedule
- Environmental company paid offset of employees’ carbon footprint via Wren.co
- Positions worked in office are hybrid: M/W/F work from home & T/Th work in office, with lunch provided on the in office days
- Dog friendly office
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
CA Candidates: TMF abides by all policies set forth in the CCPA/CPRA. For more information, please contact HR or visit the California Privacy Protection Agency website: https://cppa.ca.gov/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT game development studio located in the greater Boston area. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project set in The Witcher universe. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.