Senior Narrative Gameplay Animator (Project Hire)
18 days ago
That's No Moon is an independent studio of storytellers and game-makers who believe in the power of narrative-driven experiences. With a diverse team of talented developers, from some of the top game studios in the world (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Bungie), our shared vision is to create the future of AAA experiences with a culture of creativity, collaboration, and responsible production practices. Our passionate team of developers help shape our studio, our projects, and our future.
We are looking for a Senior Narrative Gameplay Animator with a passion and drive for creating incredible animations for a AAA title. Be the go-to person in supporting immersive, narrative moments throughout the game. The animation will be of the highest quality and in-game functionality. This person will collaborate with other departments and key roles such as the Lead Animator, Camera Layout, Design, Tech Art and Stage. This role will contribute to the unified goal of creating scripted animations that are functional, narrative driven, fluid and will tie into cinematics and gameplay seamlessly.
- Create and integrate AAA quality animations for scripted moments within the game using Unreal Engine 5
- Use motion capture optimally and hand-key appropriately
- Support the creation and maintenance of an Unreal pipeline for scripted events
- Collaborate and work alongside other animators to ensure that animations are cohesive with cinematics and gameplay
- Work at the highest level, technically and aesthetically
- Be proactive with troubleshooting any animation workflow, rigging and pipeline issues
- Communicate effectively with animators, engineers, camera layout, and design, to give and accept feedback
- Assist in establishing standard methodologies in animation
- Participate in motion capture shoots when needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven Senior experience working with motion capture data and hand-key animation in the game industry
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine, with an emphasis on animation and Sequencer
- Ability to work in all aspects of animation including biped, quadruped and vehicles
- Demo reel showing an understanding of animation principles, while including gameplay
- Experienced with specific gameplay animation editing including blending, cycles and layering
- Knowledge of previsualization and cinematography principles
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Experience with creating and integrating scripted animations in engine
- Passionate about games and the enthusiasm to make the best!
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in switching tasks to accommodate production priorities
- Ability to appreciate other department's perspectives
- Maintain integrity and confidence in results-oriented times
- Empathic and respected senior member of the team
- Team oriented with a desire to assist other animators
- Promote inclusivity, diversity and fairness
- Practice patience and be open to giving and receiving feedback
(This is a temporary “Project Hire” position. The anticipated duration of this assignment will vary. TNM Project Hire employees will be eligible to participate in a number of TNM benefit plans such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and flexible PTO)
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $110k - $145k
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary based on country of residence and/or part-time or temporary employment status.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.