Senior Narrative Designer
15 days ago
Cloud Chamber is looking for an adventurously creative Senior Narrative Designer to join our global development team. You will be responsible for design elements that deliver compelling narrative content in an immersive game world. You will collaborate closely with various creative stakeholders, including writers, designers, audio specialists, and cinematic artists. Your goal is to deliver a project-wide, consistent interactive narrative experience.
- Collaborate with the design and narrative teams to develop interactive game systems related to narrative delivery.
- Participate in cross-disciplinary pods to deliver dynamic narrative experiences.
- Develop and communicate creative and user experience guidelines that ensure even quality and consistency across various narrative techniques across the project.
- Contribute to the development of processes and pipelines with the production team.
- Communicate progress, workflows, and availability of game features to content developers and writers.
- Collaborate across development sites globally on a day to day basis.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in game development, or similar field.
- Ideally one title shipped as a designer or writer.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-site, distributed team structure.
- Highly motivated and passionate about creating immersive interactive narrative experiences.
- Ability to receive feedback with grace, and iterate solutions.
- Ability to find solutions to creative or production constraints.
- Strong grasp of language as an element of game design and user experience.
- Deep knowledge of the current gaming industry development landscape, technologies, and tools.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.