Senior Material Artist [Star Wars Project]
6 days ago
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive journey that will stay with them for years.
As the sole Senior Material Artist at Massive on the Star Wars project, you'll have a great opportunity to impact the overall look and feel of our game. Your challenge will be; to not only create great Material assets, but to also set up the Material art pipelines, and collaborate/coordinate your efforts with various stakeholders across the production.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Creating high-quality textures/materials using tools like Substanc e ;
- Collaberating with Technical Artists to develop advanced shaders, optimize assets, create efficient tile-able textures, smart materials in Substance , as well as communicating the challenges as you go.
- Overseeing and developing our material library;
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of material art pipelines;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to maintain the visual quality and processes across the development;
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
You're a material enthusiast and have extensive experience with game art/development pipelines. You're autonomous, empathic, and a great communicator in English (our company language), which allows you to collaborate with various stakeholders, and drive your ideas forward from concept to implementation.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- An extensive portfolio of Materials at AAA quality;
- Proven work experience through several AAA game development cycles, with credits on at least 1 major title as a Texture / Material Artist, or a directly related role;
- Expert skills in Substance ;
- Strong modeling skills in 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, and/or the equivalent tools ;
- Familiarity with node-based game engines like Unity , Unreal , and/or Snowdrop (our inhouse engine) ;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material/light interactions;
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.