Senior Marketing Manager - Remote/Hybrid
14 days ago
This will be a senior level marketing role. You’ll be joining a friendly team of four others. Your line manager will be Jem,
Marketing and Comms Director. Your other team members will be Alice
, and another role we are currently hiring for. Auroch Digital
is currently a team of over 70 people. Check out our jobs page
for more info on what it’s like to work for us and the benefits.
If you'd like any more information on this role in order to apply, such as expected Pay Bracket, please email Jobs@AurochDigital.com .
We’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours, bonus scheme, dental cover, life insurance and income protection. Plus £81 a month pot to spend in Uchoose which includes health insurance, adding family members to cover etc.
We are based in Bristol but this is a remote role.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please click the 'Apply for the Job' button at the bottom of this job description and fill in the form, by 20th July.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and deliver integrated marketing campaigns, from concept to execution.
- Feed into the wider marketing team planning and processes we use. Be proactive to find solutions and improved strategies for the marketing director.
- Identify issues with yours or other marketing campaigns, come up with potential solutions and present them to the Marketing Director for input. Action these.
- Manage a number of projects by planning and executing the marketing strategy for each of them. A project could be launching a brand-new IP, a console port of a game, or a digital event such as a Steam Festival.
- Give support, mentorship, and advice to more junior members of the marketing team.
- Have a good understanding of how your marketing and projects feed into and affect the studio and business, take this into account with your strategy and execution.
- Be the main contact for external stakeholders for your projects, such as publishers, developers, and Steam. Establish or maintain these relationships, keep stakeholders updated with progress, and plan activities with them to promote your project.
- Plan marketing activities and develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess campaign success and deliver reports for all integrated marketing campaigns.
- Book regular check-ins with the Marketing Director to update on your projects and discuss your plans and overall strategy.
- Take responsibility in meetings to make sure everyone is being heard. Encourage and support different members of the team from different disciplines in speaking up and sharing their views.
- Oversee internal and external marketing asset production, delivery, and distribution, and act as a point of sign off to ensure all content aligns with project / campaign objectives.
- Stay up to date with best practice for indie game marketing through following blogs, newsletters, and attending events.
- Create and maintain relationships with any relevant press and content creators.
- Write and send out all communication to press, content creators, and players through Mailchimp.
- Write and create Steam announcements to support your projects.
- Work with the Social and Community Manager to promote your project across the Auroch Digital social channels. (Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok).
- Give paid social activity briefs to publishers to support promotion of projects.
- Organise and run livestreams of your projects around events and launches (it is not mandatory for you be on camera, but you can if you wish).
- Gather and analyse data about the projects you are working on to help shape your projects.
- Create a report for the whole department based on post project analysis that focuses on the success and failures of each marketing activity.
You need to have:
- Experience in a similar marketing role, including having led the marketing for the launch of at least one game/project.
- Knowledge of gamer culture and digital marketing trends.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders, working with them to optimise campaigns, and reporting back.
- Comfortable using data and KPIs to assess integrated marketing campaign performance.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience writing and building marketing emails through software such as Mailchimp (or similar software).
- Eagerness to innovate and generate new ideas and elicit creative ideas from others.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects from planning to execution.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Based in and legally allowed to work in the UK.
A list of typical tasks and responsibilities you would handle:
- Figure out best way to use asana, or similar software, for tracking marketing work. Present this to the marketing team and Director. Lead implementation of this.
- Identify a potential issue with a marketing campaign, for example Wishlist numbers not increasing at the rate we would want. Come up with some solutions, with measurables, and implement this plan.
- Help the marketing manager with a difficult meeting with their publisher offering support and advice. Join the meeting as well if needed.
- Create a marketing strategy for a game launch showing what you would track to monitor success, what marketing activities you’d like to do and when.
- Talk over your marketing strategy with the Marketing Director, explaining your choices.
- Write and build a newsletter to your games audience updating them about the games development (Example newsletter).
- Write a press release about the launch date for your game, build the press release in Mailchimp, and send it out (Example press release).
- Research and build a list of content creators to stream your game on launch. Reach out to them over email, tell them all about your game, and see if they are interested in a key.
- Come up with TikTok ideas for your game launch and present them to the Content producer to make and the Social and Community manager to get them posted.
- Write a blog post on our upcoming Steam festival and publish it on our website (Example blog post).
- Brief the Social and Community manager on your release date announcement and work on a communication strategy for this across the Auroch Digital social channels.
- Send emails to list of developers taking part in Digital Tabletop Fest and organise times for them to record their content with us.
- Build a survey to research a new game idea through Google Forms. Pull the results into a presentation to show to the developers.
- Use text and images from other teams to build a pitch deck (PowerPoint presentation) for a publisher or business development meeting.
- Write and pitch a blog post about a game announcement to PlayStation.
Auroch Digital and Diversity:
We've signed the Ukie 'Raise the Game' pledge
. At Auroch Digital, we recognise the positive value diversity brings to our industry. We know that there is an imbalance and diversity problem in games all over the world. We strive to do our bit to address the imbalance, promote equality, and challenge unfair discrimination.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – people of any gender, of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We especially encourage applications from gender non-conforming folk, women, LGBTQIA+ folk, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the gaming industry.
· We won’t get in the way of you working on your own indie dev projects in your own time
· Remote, office based or hybrid are all totally fine working options
· 27 days holiday total (including your Birthday off!) which increases for long term service
- The option to take three months unpaid sabbatical leave after three years of service
· Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
· Flexible working
· Pensions contribution
- Dental cover
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- A pot of money to spend in Uchoose on extra benefits like health insurance, adding family members etc.
· Visa support for non-UK residents (subject to meeting the requirements)
· Ongoing support for training and career development, including 5 learning days a year, 1 of which can be
used for volunteering
Your application should include a short covering letter explaining a little about your previous experience and why you think you would be a good fit for the role, and a current CV with relevant work history. Though not required, if you have a portfolio or examples of previous work please also include them with your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.