This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager of People Operations (6-Month Fixed Term Employee Contract)
The Pokémon Company International
Bellevue US-WA US
12 days ago
The Senior Manager of People Operations is responsible for the creation, administration and implementation of a comprehensive total rewards and HR operations strategy for The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), including benefits, compensation, HR systems, people analytics, and recognition programs and policies. This position is charged to assist the HR leadership team with shaping a global benefits and compensation strategy and establishing and maintaining strong relationships inside and outside the organization to effectively support and deliver inclusive benefits and total rewards programs for a diverse and growing global population. In addition, the role will lead HR Systems and Insights to better leverage TPCi’s use of HR systems and analytics to strategically support our people and the business. You will also assist with employee engagement and productivity by leveraging technology with reliable HR service delivery and automation. The role will lead all operations related projects and tasks related to the HR function including the implementation of key HR systems. The total rewards and HRSI teams will report to this position.
*This is a 6 month fixed term employee contract role.
What You’ll Do
- Create and implement an employee-friendly total rewards strategy that encompasses both foundational rewards (base pay, benefits, etc.) and performance-based rewards (merit/promotion, short-term and long-term incentives, recognition, etc.).
- Define and brand TPCi’s total rewards strategy and develop a strategic roadmap to scale programs to support and retain a growing population in partnership with talent management and HR operations team members.
- Manage and execute on healthcare, financial, and all wellness benefits and programs; managing open enrollments, annual audits, compliance reporting requirements, survey submissions and renewal processes.
- Partner with plan providers and brokers, evaluating vendor performance and conduct analysis of plans, costs, on-going market surveys and legislative changes for optimal plan design refinement.
- Drive leaves of absence programs and administrative processes which function efficiently and provide an employee experience that is consistent with TPCi culture and philosophy.
- Assist with job architecture, salary structures and compensation programs to deliver best-in-class practices that support TPCi’s culture and business objectives.
- Assist with development of long-term incentive program rooted in business, team and individual performance that results in retention of top talent.
- Build and implement a recognition and service award program across TPCi.
- Champion the annual merit and bonus planning process to include schedules, communications, budgeting, systems/tools configuration, and calibration.
- Perform regular compensation benchmarking; analyze market data trends and evaluate impact; ensure competitiveness of compensation programs for attraction and retention of talent while ensuring internal equity across the organization.
- Consult and collaborate with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems and Insights, Business Leaders and line managers on understanding and delivering compensation philosophy, programs and processes.
- Build and execute annual calendar of total rewards-related education, communications and events to drive adoption of and engagement with employees.
- Create and execute an HR systems and data analytics vision and strategy to meet the scaling needs of Talent Management, Inclusion and Engagement initiatives.
- Determine HRIS, HR technology, and automation needs. Recommend and implement solutions.
- Identify and implement self-service solutions via existing systems and resources, including the research and recommendation of solutions to enable further automated employee access and support.
- Identify metrics and build out reporting dashboards to measure programs and services. effectiveness, utilization and insights to provide transparency and help guide future decision making. Create targeted executive reporting on key metrics.
- Design and manage the annual workforce planning process.
- Create and update country employee handbooks, policies, and processes.
- Identify, design and implement compliance risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure data and security governance is maintained for all people related data and systems.
- Create and foster an inspiring workplace where HR team members deliver high quality and timely results. Success is achieved through clear goals, focus, agility, open communications, collaboration, and the HR team members’ commitment to delivering their best.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, HR Systems, HR Analytics, Workforce Planning, Compliance, Compensation and Benefits. (removed and/or)
- 5+ years of global human resources, compensation, benefits, rewards, and recognition experience.
- 5+ years management experience
- Proven track of scaling businesses with excellent cultures and high retention
- Strong knowledge of global and country specific regulations related to data privacy, compensation and benefits, GDPR, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, FLSA, ADA, and FMLA.
- Proven analytics and executive reporting on key metrics and trends
- Strong HRIS, technology, and automation experience. Experience identifying and implementing a new HRIS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with advanced Excel skills.
- S/PHR, CCP and or CEB certifications are a plus.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Business or related field.
How You’ll Be Successful
- Communication: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. Builds trust and collaborates with partners at all levels, to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Strategic Agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action. You provide your team stretch assignments and encourage continuous learning and development.
- Action Oriented: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Quality of Work: You review work to meet quality standards; demonstrate a high level of care and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re a master of prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow up.
- Continuous Learner: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are eager to learn, grow and build something great together. You possess a focus for continuous improvement to challenge yourself and others.
- Global Perspective: You understand globalization and the interconnective nature of the world. Appreciates and leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals; knows how to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and geographies.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.