Senior Manager, Technical Program Management - Compute
Plantation, FL, United States
3 months ago
- Highly motivated leader with the technical skills and team leadership behaviors required to deliver Magic Leap’s next generation spatial computing device.
- Working in an agile, startup environment, the Compute Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the design, development, commercialization, and on-time delivery of custom Asics required by our next generation spatial computing device.
- Define program scope, goals and deliverables; incorporate input from cross-functional team members and communicate to senior stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and drive schedule by monitoring progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems. Implement, manage, and communicate program changes.
- Actively assess program health, utilize technical, managerial, and leadership skills to keep program velocity on track. Understand and exercise escalation process both internally and externally to ensure high quality, on-time delivery.
- Lead complex technology partnerships with external vendors, integrate external teams and results into critical path and manage deliverables against SOW’s.
- Work closely with product owners and dependent product teams in defining the vision and ensuring team is doing the right thing for the end user.
- Prioritize team activities, lead decision-making process, and make appropriate commitments to dependent teams and stakeholders.
- Lead team through cycles of learning during the development process, advocate continuous improvement in product and process performance.
- Proactively identify and manage program risk; apply sound engineering problem-solving techniques and innovative mitigation plans to deliver excellence.
- Lead design control activity, including but not limited to requirements, risk analysis, verification and validation protocols and reports, design transfer.
- Implement metrics as required bringing visibility to product and program health.
- Lead process improvement as required to deliver scope of work assigned.
- Facilitate design reviews according to quality requirements, ensure appropriate technical authorities are represented and design feedback is incorporated.
- Support Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs during relevant Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA) and Nonconforming Product Report (NPR) investigations.
- Assist in management of headcount, budget, and purchasing activities.
- Drive, drive, and drive. Appropriate balance of gracious and tenacious.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical program management, program management, or product development role.
- Experience designing, developing, and launching to mass production custom ASICs for consumer electronic devices.
- Deep understanding of hardware and software development processes and procedures as well as knowledge of the product development life cycle.
- Track record of understanding of how and when to use popular project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Critical Path, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google productivity suites and working knowledge of Jira, Kanban, Tableau, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics, Master’s degree preferred
- PMP certification, CSM, 6 Sigma certification preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.