Senior Manager, Technical Program Management - Advanced Optics
2 months ago
Magic Leap is seeking an energetic and dynamic Program Manager to manage R&D specializing in optics and opto-mech systems.
Lead group of cross-functional technical and operational subject matter experts in order to accomplish the following:
- Drive teams with ambiguous “definition of done” and significant unknown risks.
- Provide clarity and lead teams with continuous priority changes.
- Act has a problem solver and drive efficient decision making.
- Create an agreed-upon definition of project scope and goals.
- Prioritize and manage resources.
- Define and track KPI’s for each project.
- Develop project schedules and identify resource gaps and risks.
- Risk reduction & mitigation with clear actions and owners.
- Create and drive an integrated project plan.
- Convey to project team a strong sense of urgency and a bias for action. Keep all teams focused with clear/crisp priorities.
- Exhibit sustained energy in achieving aggressive results and high standards of performance.
- Lead well-organized, efficient meetings using effective meeting protocols and guidelines.
- Champion change initiatives (if necessary) for the business in ways that generate understanding and support from team members and coworkers.
- Apply Agile/SCRUM PM methodology to projects if deemed necessary
- Meet regularly with core team to synchronize and track progress, document task updates and discuss corrective actions
- Effectively arrive at the heart of a complex problem, focus on root cause, and implement corrective action
- Drive creation and maintenance of key project performance metrics to report status and analyze trend
- Prepare concise status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends related to schedule, budget or scope
- Meet regularly with technical management, managing director, and program management to communicate updates and recommend actions
- Manage all aspects of projects from initiating, planning, executing, tracking, and closing.
- Proactively identify project risk, identify mitigation actions/owners and ensure action closure.
- Assist in budget and costs discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, ME, Chemical, Physics, MBA preferred
- PMP/CSM/CPO/6 Sigma Certification preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience managing technical projects and/or programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing a comprehensive product development process and subsequent successful delivery of highly complex opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- System mindset with clear understanding of component and sub-system impact to overall projects.
- Basic understanding of semiconductors, nanofabrication and mechanical engineering concepts, processes & materials.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced understanding of statistics and design of experiments.
- Advanced familiarity with problem solving concepts, such as FMEA, 5Why, 8D, DMAIC.
- Ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills, good attention to detail, and ability to follow issues through resolution