Senior Manager, Software Engineering
15 days ago
We are on a mission to enable creators of all levels to build multiplayer experiences with Unity! In Multiplayer Services, we focus on highly scalable, distributed, realtime services that enable creators to craft, launch, and operate new and engaging experiences. We proudly provide online solutions for matchmaking, lobby, relay, voice, chat and hybrid multi-cloud game server hosting for some of the worlds biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together at scale, and enabling creators to build incredible experiences for their players.
As a Senior Engineering Manager within our hosting business, you will help define the product vision and direction for our engineering organisation as well as having a key role in leading all aspects of delivery and operations.
You will guide, mentor and coach a team of Managers and Engineers to execute on initiatives that improve our practices, partner with Product Managers to drive technical elements of the roadmap, and work with other teams in Unity to support cross-org collaboration.
What you’ll be doing
- You will make sophisticated/high impact decisions across approaches to engineering, quality, architecture, technology choices, releases, deployment and operations in a customer-focused organisation
- With Product Management, you will own and deliver the roadmap for a large or sophisticated collection of products and have a significant influence on their strategy
- You will develop a strong culture of “build, run, own” ensuring teams collectively own codebases, operations and understand choices
- You will support the continuous delivery of working software to production services by working to construct roadmaps appropriately, identify suitable releases, build appropriate definitions of done and ready for the team and helping handle risk and dependencies
- You will lead, develop and grow your colleagues to ensure they can achieve their potential at Unity
What we’re looking for
- Strong technical background in PaaS/SaaS technology as well as developing microservices, and evolving architectures from monolithic to microservices
- Experience working with API first development techniques, rigorously ensuring that API contracts come first, are maintained and not an afterthought
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and communication skills
- Experience owning critical production services, sometimes across multiple engineering teams
- Strong experience managing, recruiting, and growing engineering teams
You might also have
- A creative problem-solver with experience working in a fast-paced environment with agile frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP or SAFe
- The ability to actively participate in and influence technical discussions with engineers and engineering managers
- Knowledge and or experience with technologies such as GoLang, Kubernetes, Nomad, Consul and Docker
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.