This job might no longer be available.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing. Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Product Research & User Trials to join our growing product marketing team. As a global business dedicated to amplifying enterprises, developers and consumers through technology in an emerging product category, it is essential that we truly understand the customers we are designing for and how spatial computing can solve their pain points. We are seeking a leader who is able to integrate insight throughout the development process and partner with the product team and other cross-functional teams to build and ship pioneering products at the intersection of hardware, software and content. The right candidate will possess a strong product sense, have a track record of collaborating with hardware and software teams and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Lead all aspects of user trials and other product research efforts, from scoping and recruiting to method selection (including user studies, field visits, usability testing and surveys), execution, analysis, and presentation, at different stages of the development process, from strategic discovery to tactical evaluation
- Plan and execute both internal beta testing and external user trials of existing and future devices and products
- Facilitate end-to-end processes (recruit participants, execute protocols, conduct interviews, organize surveys and integrate feedback) as well as work with external vendors
- Collaborate with your peers in product, hardware, software, design, marketing and analytics to prioritize research opportunities, integrate insights and guide product decisions
- Deliver high-quality research insights through written and verbal presentations that impact product development and prioritization within and beyond product teams
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound decisions based on market, customer and product analytics
- Work collaboratively within the broader research team to assess larger user trends and determine areas for further investigation and/or synthesis
- Work with the broader research team to improve the research practice and identify ways to maximize impact, including recommending and enacting improvements to the organization’s processes, tools and best practices
- 5+ years experience with human-centered, qualitative research methodologies in a digital start-up environment, who can plan, lead and execute user trials and research projects
- Empathy and passion for understanding people and why they do the things they do through observation, interviewing, testing and validation
- Hands-on experience scoping and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing and sharing findings
- Ability to synthesize, shape and present insights that lead to actionable product recommendations and adoption
- Excellent knowledge of research principles, methods, experiment design, facilitation and familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Familiarity using a variety of research tools and recruiting and analytics suites
- Experience integrating multiple data sources (customer feedback, market research, survey data, product analytics and competitive landscape) into a strategic point of view
- Experience with human factors, industrial engineering, behavioral sciences, human-computer interaction and/or consumer product usability is a plus
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment where speed, resources and quality must be balanced to meet project needs, and ability to creatively adapt methods and approach
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), collaborative mindset and ability to persuade stakeholders of the value of a people-centered product approach
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.