Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing- WoW
14 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Consumer Marketing- WoW
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate marketer to join the Consumer Marketing team, working on World of Warcraft. In this role, you’ll be a driving force behind the marketing strategy and will party up with the Warcraft Development and Commercial Marketing teams to ensure product strategies and company objectives are met in all consumer-facing marketing assets.
Blizzard has been a leader in entertainment for nearly 30 years, with millions of passionate fans globally. Coming off one of the biggest PC launches of all time with 2020’s Shadowlands, Warcraft continues to build upon its iconic position in gaming culture. As the franchise expands, like a leader for the Horde or Alliance, you will be entrusted with the reigns of our battle plan and take this franchise into a new era.
The right candidate is a creative thinker with experience developing and executing a strategic approach to brand marketing, go-to-market planning, team and/or agency leadership, as well as familiarity with social media, paid media and player acquisition/retention. Passion for innovative and clever ideas, as well as familiarity with the Warcraft universe is strongly desired.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and develop global strike plans, creative executions and production process of communication vehicles including advertising campaigns, trailers, visual identity, packaging, trade, media integrations, events, social and CRM activities.
- Champion consumer marketing projects directly with external agency partners to craft product creative strategy and ensure all communications materials deliver against that strategy.
- Oversee creative production to ensure producers and project leads are tracking overall schedules and deadlines as well as review agency estimates for services.
- Create and/or oversee brief development as well as attend subsequent creative reviews to provide feedback and direction.
- Communicate and motivate cross-functional teams around a single strategy. Collaborate with key development team personnel on go-to-market strategies and creative asset development.
- Coordinate with platform and partner personnel on co-marketing programs, retail merchandising, and sales materials. Partner with the head of operations to meet packaging deadlines, product distribution, and COGS objectives.
- Research and build on best practices – creative formats, player acquisition learnings, paid media KPI’s, competitive landscape, brand partner executions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years experience in user acquisition marketing, creative agency account management (or equivalent client-side position) or video game industry
- Proven track record of innovative and clever marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- Proven team leader with people/agency management experience
- Passion for gaming and understanding of current industry trends
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.