Senior Manager, Business Development
14 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Business Development
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB .
Business Development is a critical and high-caliber team focused on supporting the development needs for all projects across Activision Blizzard as well as creating a pipeline of new content and IP for the company to publish. The team is part of the broader Corporate Strategy team responsible for setting the corporate strategy and driving long-range planning for the Company, driving M&A and corporate development initiatives, and working closely with senior leaders in Activision Blizzard’s Business Units on key initiatives. This is a high-profile team working with a diverse mix of both internal and external stakeholders, covering production, studio management, strategy and contract responsibilities.
The Senior Manager role in Business Development is a unique and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard that offers a unrival ed view of AAA game development. The successful candidate will support Activision Blizzard ’s development efforts to proactively source , evaluate and execute partnership opportunities across a portfolio of AAA franchises. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiating high value deals with complex term structures across external vendors, clients, developers, and licensors.
- Coordinate external pipeline evaluation meetings for new game ideas and business opportunities. This involves distributing product documentation, setting up play tests, collecting feedback and working with external partners during process.
- Work closely with internal game teams and studios across Activision, Blizzard, and King, to identify external development needs, and support the evaluation and onboarding of external development partners
- Expected to work with multiple Activision Blizzard Studios and their respective teams to deliver success through technology, art and development part ne rships .
- Develop and monitor pipeline of potential M&A and partnership opportunities , working closely with the Corporate Strategy team
- Build senior-level relationships with game developers and publishers across the PC, Mobile, and console gaming space.
- Previous Business Development experience with 4- 5 years in the interactive gaming space
- JD or MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to develop deep trust-based relationships and influence different stakeholder groups directly and indirectly
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities simultaneous ly while meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills
- Self-starter and comfort with ambiguity; must be self-directed and proactive starting day 1
- Persuasive communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences
- Broad network and deep passion for interactive entertainment and technology
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.