Senior Live Ops Analyst
5 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Live Ops Marketing at Skillz:
Live Ops professionals at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions and issues. You will work on projects such as:
- Designing, launching, and measuring new player offers and promotions in the Skillz ecosystem
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Driving improvements in internal processes and systems to enable the company to scale
- Assessing and improving player engagement of Skillz games
In this role, you will function as a data-driven decision maker and deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
- Lead analytics projects across the organization and mentor analysts
- Review work of other analysts
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution and follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
- 5+ years experience performing quantitative marketing analysis, which includes proposing and analyzing A/B testing
- 3+ years experience querying data and creating tables in SQL
- Experience preparing presentations of analytical findings and recommendations for upper management
- Experience in the gaming industry required
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing and sharing insights gained from our user data
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics required
- Experience reviewing marketing creative for quality and content preferred
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status and or disability status.