Senior Lighting Artist [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
2 days ago
As a Lighting Artist you will work in a cooperative, international, cross-disciplinary team environment. You possess solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of colour theory, composition, light, and form. You have a strong ability to learn and utilize new toolsets to solve technical problems and improve performance.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop high-quality game-ready lighting in collaboration with Art Direction.
- Provide creative direction and feedback to concept artists on defining the mood for the project.
- Create and iteratively develop visual ideas from prototype to in-game.
- Work closely with fellow artists, programmers, animators, game designers and sound designers to help create high quality in-game lighting that supports gameplay objectives.
- Work with the cinematics team to create lighting solutions that adapt to their needs.
- Work with Technical Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve complex technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements.
- Contribute to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, God-rays and camera optics.
- Prototype the use of innovative lighting techniques to reach challenging visual targets.
- Prioritize, plan, and organize lighting domain tasks with the Producer/Associate Producer as well as identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes.
- Identify and set up best practices of production workflows for cross-discipline topics involving lighting.
What you’ll bring
- You have an expert understanding of color theory, composition, lighting theory and form.
- You have a good understanding of rendering and post process techniques for real-time rendering.
- You have a good understanding of cinematic workflows for lighting and post processing.
- You have a good understanding of physically based rendering (PBR) and basic knowledge of shaders.
- You can solve technical problems and improve performance, develop new tools and workflows alongside engineers.
- You have experience with V-Ray/Arnold or similar rendering software.
- Great communication skills, and a proactive and solution-oriented attitude.
- Good English verbal skills, both orally and in writing.
- 5+ years as a Lighting Artist or relevant experience with significant involvement with at least 1 published title and exposure to a full project life cycle.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.