Senior Level Designer
San Ramon, California, United States
10 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Good levels don’t come to life, they're brought to life, and we want you to help us do just that. Our growing game development team at Striking Distance Studios is looking for a talented Sr. Level Designer with proven experience creating memorable, immersive and engaging single player content.
We are looking for a forward thinker in the entertainment space to help us hand craft the world around our next interactive story. Our perfect candidate can design, communicate and implement challenging gameplay ideas that never fail to be fun. You're familiar with Unreal Engine and Blueprint and have shipped titles using Unreal. You look forward to the challenge of using our design tools and mechanics to deliver unique and captivating experiences that stand out from other levels in our game, and also from other games in our industry.
As a teammate, you're familiar with effective ways to serve and support cross collaboration as the team brings your level from initial design to shippable content. Most importantly you understand your role as a level designer, and your relationship to the player.
As a person, you're excited about games and game development simultaneously. You're a professional game developer and yet still a fan of playing video games. You can identify great games apart from good games and in detail elaborate on the difference between them. You are professional about how you offer and receive feedback and critique. Lastly, you are seeking a career opportunity working with a jovial, tight knit team in a high collaboration work environment.
- 5 years minimum overall game development experience.
- 2 shipped titles as a level designer or higher on an AAA level project.
- Unreal Engine Experience.
- Proficient in a Major 2D Imaging Package (Photoshop / Illustrator).
- Capable of producing 3D level blockouts in Maya or Unreal.
- Design and pitch full level concepts, major gameplay events, and level beats.
- Creating 2D layouts & 3D blockouts of your level designs.
- Write and maintain documentation for levels and level mechanics.
- Setting up gameplay events in Blueprint.
- Planning, implementing and improving level combat.
- Developing, testing and fixing your level content.
- Collaborate across departments and disciplines to create and implement level content.
- Providing constructive improvement based feedback for other levels and upcoming designers.