Senior Level Designer
Austin, TX, United States
10 days ago
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is looking for a talented Senior Level Designer to complement our stellar design team on our next big project. Designers at Certain Affinity are responsible for creating exciting levels that have significant replayability. From the initial concept and layouts to scripting and assisting the environment art team in making visually stunning spaces, designers at Certain Affinity are involved in all aspects of the creation of our missions. We’re looking for someone that is self-motivated and can enhance our strong design team. If you ready for a fun, amazing challenge than apply now!
- Must have a playable portfolio (community levels or shipped titles)
- 3-6 years of game design experience
- Demonstrable understanding of gameplay flow for both single-player and coop levels
- Familiarity with world-building tools such as Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, Max, and/or Maya
- Ability to dissect and understand core game mechanics and enhance them through mission design
- Must be able to collaborate with other teammates on all aspects of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for video games
- Shipped title experience
- Both Single Player and Multiplayer experience
- Scripting and/or programming experience
- Experience working on multiple platforms (Xbox, PS4, Switch)
- Creative writing/story creation and dialogue experience
- Ability to significantly contribute to the visual development of a mission
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.