Lead Product Manager - Old School Runescape
24 days ago
Are you an experienced, hands-on Product Manager and people manager looking for an opportunity to work on one of the world’s most popular MMORPGs?
As the Lead Product Manager on Old School RuneScape, you will define and build out the product management strategies and processes, leading a small team of talented Product Managers, while taking hands-on leadership of larger, strategic, cross-functional projects for the product yourself.
This is a hugely influential role within the studio, in which you can take full ownership, leading on the execution of product initiatives on a game with a thriving community, while fostering the professional growth of your team, enabling them to excel in their roles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Operational leadership by guiding the implementation of key product initiatives, ensuring they are in line with immediate business objectives and aligned to Product KPIs.
- Lead a team of Product Managers, nurturing their development and encouraging a culture of high performance, collaboration, and player-focused outcomes.
- Craft and refine the product management processes to ensure the team operates at peak efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of key performance indicators for both the product and the team, implementing improvements to meet established goals.
- Manage the optimization of the player experience, concentrating on engaging players and maximizing their in-game journey.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the MMORPG and subscription spaces to inform operational improvements and product refinement.
- Employ a data-centric approach to inform decisions, understanding the impact of product changes and guiding the team's focus.
- Act as a liaison, ensuring cohesive efforts between the product team and other departments such as production, marketing, and design.
- Guarantee that the product team’s initiatives are completed with excellence, aligning with quality benchmarks and set timelines.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing Product Managers and leading project execution in the gaming or entertainment industry.
- Robust understanding and experience with MMO games, either as a seasoned professional, dedicated player, or ideally, both.
- Demonstrable expertise in integrating data-driven methods into product management and team decisions.
- Proven experience in building and sustaining cross functional relationships.
- A player-centric mindset, with a commitment to enhancing the gaming experience based on user feedback/data and an understanding of how to interact with the community to improve the game.
Collaboration is at the heart of Jagex. We love getting together with our teams to share ideas and socialise.
If you live in the UK, we offer a flexible working model that empowers you to work in the way that suits you best, while also getting the best from your working relationship with all the great people you’ll be connecting with here. We support you to be set up for success no matter where you log in.
Flexibility really is the key to how we set up working schedules, we’ll discuss your needs with you and be transparent about the working schedules of the team you’ll be working with during our interview process.
Make forever games with us.
Jagex is a thriving international games company with a growing library of forever game IPs for core gamers. We have such huge expertise at running games for the long term that we re-define expectations for what evergreen success looks like.
We create spaces for our players to come together – with each other and with us – inside and outside of our games. We empower our players with real influence on the game’s evolution. We help our players belong. Our community experiences give players a greater stake in what they’re playing, creating loyal forever fans.
These strengths inform our vision of our studio as a thriving international games company with a growing library of forever game IPs for core gamers. Our forever games will nurture sizable communities whose loyalty provides consistent revenues.
This in turn drives our mission: We create forever fans by empowering our community. We give players experiences worthy of their long-term time investment and actively collaborate with them to shape the games and the community for the better.
If this is something you want to be a part of, get in touch.
We have 500 of the industry’s most talented individuals in our Cambridge studio; if you share our values and ambition, we’d love to talk to you. Worried you don’t meet all the requirements in the spec? Your attitude, fresh perspective and experience is just as important to us; if you think this could be the perfect job for you, let’s talk.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.