Senior Lead Gameplay programmer (M/F)
Annecy Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes fr
10 days ago
Be the leader of gameplay programming team (Leads, Tech Leads and programmers), within a collaborative multidiscipline and multicultural teams on AAA game.
Direct Reports : Gameplay Team Leads, Tech Leads and gameplay programmers of all experience levels
Leadership Responsibilities :
- Be the main technical contact point for our direction team (producing, creative & game, technical direction) on any related technical gameplay consideration.
- Build and organize an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, priorities and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about team: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Accountable in delivering our gameplay features (timing, quality, tech debt, …)
- Work with production, engineers, and team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the engineering team and track development efforts across the team;
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements;
- Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements;
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a large and multisite team of engineers;
- High level knowledge of most areas of game mechanisms development (Game systems, AI, Control, Camera, Animation, UI, audio, …);
- Strong capacity to translate game design or creative intentions into game play technical solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one game engine (commercial or in-house)
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- Proven experience managing and leading gameplay programmers & leads;
- Several years’ experience of shipping AAA games;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!