Senior/Lead Environment Artist - World Builder
9 days ago
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your AAA Environment Art skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is the newest member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive does not sponsor visas at this time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all projects.
- Create environments under art director's supervision, with an eye on world building and set dressing.
- Coach and mentor other Environment Artists
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines to meet milestone goals.
- Work closely with production to define deliverables and communicate expectations to the team
- Assists in R&D efforts.
- Understanding of memory and performance limitations
- Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
- You’ll work with an amazing team on top-tier AAA games!
What you'll bring to the Lost Boys adventure:
- 7+ years professional experience including at least 5 years in AAA console games
- Online portfolio displaying a variety of environments and worlds
- Senior to lead-level experience in world building for AAA console games.
- Experience building and designing worlds using modular kits
- Experience with UE4 Materials
- +1 if you have experience with procedurally generated terrain!
- Abilities in a secondary area such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Can effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Ability to receive feedback
- Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Understanding of lighting in Unreal.
- Understanding of Photogrammetry
- Marvelous Designer experience
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band and apply today!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.