Senior Internal Auditor
15 days ago
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting To: Internal Audit Manager
Department: Internal Audit
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Santa Monica, California
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning and leading operational audits and performing testing of key financial and business process controls to facilitate SOX compliance. The role is based at Activision Blizzard’s headquarter in Santa Monica and primarily includes coverage of Activision Blizzard’s North American operations.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in risk assessment exercises and planning for operational audits, integrated audits, and the SOX compliance program. Involves working closely with the internal audit team, external audit team, operational management and business owners to coordinate audit work.
- Assess the effectiveness of key controls and document results in detailed, high- quality work papers. Includes conducting end- to- end operational/integrated audits and testing of finance/business process controls to facilitate compliance with SOX.
- Perform analysis of transactional data to identify process/control weaknesses and inform audit approach and testing.
- Identify control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities, and work with process owners to develop pragmatic solutions to issues.
- Draft high- quality audit deliverables to communicate observations.
- Follow- up on the implementation of management’s action plans to address identified control gaps.
- Assist process owners in the preparation and ongoing maintenance of control and process documentation (policies, procedures, narratives, control matrices, etc.).
- Work with the business and key stakeholders to provide guidance and assurance on key projects and critical change activities.
- Communicate/engage regularly with audit and industry communities to thoroughly understand new developments and risks, and anticipate changes arising from both internal and external factors.
- Positively support knowledge sharing and thought leadership within the function, and with external networks.
- Build a strong network and relationships to facilitate career development either within internal audit or in the wider business.
- CPA or CIA strongly preferred.
- 2- 3 years of public accounting experience required. Can demonstrate in- depth knowledge of internal controls, finance and operational audit, and Sarbanes- Oxley Section 404.
- Audit experience in entertainment and/or software industry strongly preferred. Familiar with controls and processes around software development, content productions, revenue recognition, royalty etc. Knowledgeable about Activision/Blizzard products a huge plus.
- Experience in the use of data analytics and RPA for auditing would be beneficial.
- Will be communicating across all levels of the organization and should therefore have strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to adapt to the audience.
- Must be self- motivated, highly organized and detail oriented. Should be capable of delivering quality audit work by agreed deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Be a team player, able to support and work together with other auditors, whilst being able to work independently when needed.
- Take a collaborative approach, building robust relationships with stakeholders, and challenging stakeholders with confidence and gravitas where necessary.
- Must be able to think critically and methodically about problems and bring a business perspective to the role in order to be effective and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Be decisive, able to discuss a point of view while accommodating different perspectives and have excellent persuading and influencing skills to explain complex risk and control concepts to operational management.
- Demonstrate curiosity and embrace opportunities for professional development to increase technical capabilities through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Be down to earth and capable of working in a diverse organization, demonstrating strong personal credibility and integrity.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com