This job might no longer be available.
Senior Interface Designer (UI/UX)
1 year ago
Miniclip is looking for a Senior User Interface Designer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
We are looking for a passionate and talented UI/UX designer with experience in Interface Design, Graphic Design, 2D art/Illustration and in the mobile game industry.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Portugal.
- Create user experiences through interface design that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project
- Design and create different layouts using official art from our products and translate it to appealing game menus, icons and interface element
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship
- Demonstrate knowledge of shape, color and composition with a good general art foundation
- Developing mockups, user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Work closely with game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions
- Able to create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into a good user experience adapted to different products
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline
- Work closely with the art director and the rest of the creative team to develop concepts, prototypes, and production ready content
- Work closely with developers and support them with assetsexports and feedback
- Create UI animations in after effects and Unity
- Iterate rapidly
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or similar.
- Experience in the mobile game industry
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, and awesome technical skills
- A solid understanding of typography, layout and grid systems
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs
- Possessing a deep understanding of UX processes, methodologies, and the interplay between business requirements, user research, branding, visual design and technology
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, with experience in graphic design, traditional 2D skills, as well as motion graphics
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment
- A strong attention to detail
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus
- Bonus if you have experience with Unity
- Fluent in English
To apply please send you’re CV, Portfolio and a cover letter in English
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.