This job might no longer be available.
Senior IT Architect - End User Technology
Cary, NC United States of America
7 months ago
Epic Games is looking for a Senior IT Architect to play an integral role in building a holistic view of Epic’s technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap. This role will partner with both business and technology teams to ensure that technical solutions align with the company’s overall business and operations objectives. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about practical problem solving and team development and will need to be able to quickly and comfortably switch between high-level strategic design and hands-on engineering tasks depending on the situation and priorities at hand.
- Design and implement robust and scalable solutions, utilizing bare metal and cloud-hosted IaaS, PaaS and SaaS as building blocks
- Support and help drive integration of IT with the engineering, business, and game development teams
- Support the entire lifecycle of technology solutions, including design, implementation and ongoing maintenance and support as necessary.
- Develop standards in concert with primary support and operations roles, and supporting team ownership of the implementation
- Support Epic’s commitment to security by contributing to organizational compliance efforts
- Monitor and audit health of infrastructure and participate in on-call support rotation with the team
- Act as a principal technical contributor, leading the effort to bring peer and junior staff into contributing roles in areas of your responsibility
- Contribute to the long-term strategic roadmap for all IT systems architecture
- Work directly with vendors, cloud providers, and hosting companies as a primary point of collaboration
- Provide technical and thought leadership to contribute to the goal of improving the quality and value of IT contributions to the business
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT architecture and/or engineering roles and 4 years in a senior technologist role
- Extensive experience in supporting implementations through the entire lifecycle
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams to gather and translate requirements needed to build effective, sustainable solutions that align with overall business and IT objectives.
- In-depth experience with public/private/hybrid cloud models, systems management, IT operations tools and best practices
- Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Go and/or PowerShell), and extensive CLI experience on Windows, Linux, Mac and network devices for configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with infrastructure automation (AWS API's, CloudFormation, OpsWorks, Eucalyptus, Metacloud, OpenStack HOT, vSphere, vCommander, Terraform, etc)
- Knowledge of configuration management (Ansible, CFEngine, Puppet, SCOM, SCCM, Powershell DSC, Chef, etc)
- Familiarity with containerization of business applications and/or services
- Deep expertise with application and network troubleshooting
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills