Senior Hard Surface Artist (Star Wars FPS)
9 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.
We are recruiting for a Senior Hard Surface Artist to join our growing team. As a Senior Hard Surface Artist on the project, you will be responsible for creating assets for all things mechanical. The Star Wars galaxy offers a wide range of weapons, ships, vehicles, droids, and gadgets to apply your expertise in mechanical design, form, and function. Our ideal candidate is an excellent artist with an eye for detail and an understanding of how things work. You should have a portfolio demonstrating AAA quality assets showing complex hard surface modeling, clean geometry, excellent UV efficiency, and an approach to texturing that shows an object’s story and use.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with your Lead, Art Director, Concept Art and other disciplines to create assets at a very high quality level.
- Help establish best practices, set the visual quality bar, and help write documentation and tutorials to further the goals of your team.
- Complete research or experimental projects for your Lead and report back on your findings.
- Work closely with other departments like Animation, Technical Animation, VFX, and Design to ensure you’re modeling and accommodating their needs.
- Work with a mindset for rapid iteration, testing quick block-out meshes in game, addressing feedback, and testing changes.
- Be a proactive problem solver, looking ahead to identify risks, production issues, dependencies, and scoping concerns.
Ideally, you will have
- Shipped at least one AAA game in a role creating vehicles, weapons, or other hard surface assets.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your skill generating hard surface assets that show an understanding of form and function.
- Excellent knowledge of materials and PBR fundamentals, with texturing samples that demonstrate interesting surfaces, strong material definition, and careful placement of damage and wear.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard software packages.
- A desire to be highly collaborative and eager to give and take constructive feedback.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks .
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.