Senior HR Generalist
10 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York are looking for a seasoned Senior HR Generalist who will support, manage, and improve the day-to-day HR operations for the NY studio while also supporting additional efforts globally. As the headquarters for Rockstar Games, this is an amazing opportunity to continue your career as an HR professional while supporting all facets of the HR function from benefits, payroll, global transfers and relocation, compensation, employee engagement and communications.
The ideal candidate has the ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs. You are highly accountable, organized, flexible and have the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and customer service. You must also have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with multiple stakeholders and the desire to jump in and contribute to an agile, creative, and fast-paced environment. Bring your knowledge and expertise as an experienced Senior HR Generalist and help Rockstar Games grow, scale, and organize our programs and processes!
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games HR Team is responsible for empowering our employees to reach their greatest potential and create the ground-breaking games we’re known for.
- We partner with senior leadership to drive proactive strategies of engagement, wellbeing, operations, and learning & development.
- We collaborate with our global HR Partners to develop new initiatives and programs to bring out the best in our teams.
- We ensure a safe, supportive, and inclusive working environment through guidance, compliance, and leading by example.
- Answer day-to-day queries from employees and managers regarding benefits, payroll, HRIS (Workday), immigration, policies and procedures, and leaves of absence.
- Partner with employees and management to interpret and administer various human resources policies, procedures, laws, and state and federal regulations.
- Manage and support the onboarding, exit, and performance review processes.
- Design, implement, and oversee day-to-day and ongoing immigration, relocation and internal assignment transfers/processes.
- Respond to and direct employee relations issues as they arise.
- Identify levers to drive employee engagement across the organization, coaching managers and employees to own their engagement.
- Work closely with HR leadership to create and communicate internal guidance, resources, checklists etc. for managers, team members, and employees.
- Support the overall HR function in NY, ensuring appropriate representation of assigned functions while creating new HR processes, systems and approaches that progress the company as a whole.
- Ensure compliance of global mobility practices in line with legislative and regulatory requirements, work cross-functionally with parent company (Legal, Finance, Payroll) and vendor partners to ensure business and employee needs are supported.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing – explaining mobility packages, answering challenging questions in simple terms, and resolving urgent issues quickly and efficiently.
- Provide stellar consultative support prior to and during domestic and cross border transfers, including cost analysis, preparation of letters of understanding, and vendor initiation and coordination.
- Support and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Global Mobility program by building strong relationships and collaboration with internal stakeholders to develop, govern and maintain Global Mobility programs and processes.
- Work independently while also being a highly collaborative team player.
- Complete administrative tasks for the team as needed.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in HR for global corporations operating in multiple continents and countries.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience.
- Immigration consulting experience (F1, H-1B, L1, TN) and proficient knowledge of the entire Green Card process to include in-depth expertise administering corporate immigration programs.
- Vendor management experience to include RFPs, supplier selection, preparing SOWs and developing/managing performance metrics.
- Experience in employee mobility and internal transfers required.
- Experience managing a team, preferably of skilled professionals and across cultures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, Finance, or relevant business field strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Self-motivation; ability to work independently with an understanding of when to escalate issues.
- A track record for being able to connect as a trusted advisor with senior staff, with strong instincts and interpersonal skills along with a highly collaborative approach.
- Cultural agility and experience in working across cultures and with the flexibility to span time zones.
- Excellent computer skills are essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Zoom, Web-based research).
- Project management experience across multiple disciplines, from conception to implementation.
- Strong knowledge of US immigration, relocation, general HR practices, policies, guidelines.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Strong customer service orientation including a friendly, helpful, and professional demeanor.
- Business work stream mapping and process optimization skillset is necessary.
- Must possess a collaborative, flexible, positive, confident, and can-do attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Previous HR experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
- Passion for Rockstar and our games is a plus, but not required.
- Workday, Greenhouse, and ServiceNow workflow technology preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.