Senior Graphics Programmer
27 days ago
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 75 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! And that's only the beginning: PUBG Madison is developing an exciting new IP that aims to push the shooter genre forward. If getting in on the ground floor of this awesome effort sounds exciting, we'd love to see you apply!
Our state-of-the art studio and brand-new motion capture studio are in the heart of Madison, WI, a city frequently named the best place to live in the US for its vibrant culture, natural beauty, and outstanding educational institutions. Home to the prestigious University of Wisconsin, Madison is a hub for innovation and learning, offering top-notch public and private schools . This family-friendly, progressive community has low crime rates and a strong commitment to sustainability. Experience the perfect balance of urban excitement and natural tranquility in a city with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, an incredible downtown farmer’s market, gorgeous scenery and affordable cost of living. || Don’t think you’re ready to make the move to Wisconsin? We’re also fully committed to support remote work for this position.| |
The person we’re looking for:
PUBG Studios’ Madison, WI office is seeking a Senior Graphics Programmer to take on a high impact role on our Shared Engineering Team.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer, you will contribute to the success of the PUBG team by enhancing the rendering pipeline and core engine systems that drive our Art team’s vision. You will collaborate with artists and programmers to identify areas of aesthetic improvement, analyze and optimize performance on all platforms, and implement architectural solutions to some of the toughest rendering challenges for games. Our team has a large amount of autonomy and responsibility, so you will have the opportunity to contribute across a large area of core systems. This position reports to the Technical Director and Shared Engineering Lead.
- Contribute to the core game experience by architecting and developing solutions to the rendering challenges of a large-scale battle royale game within Unreal Engine
- Collaborate with art and engineering to guide development of the end-to-end solutions necessary to achieve visual targets
- Support artists and tech artists by creating user and automated workflows for processing geometry and texture data, authoring shaders, and providing guidance on asset creation
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize performance and memory management on all platforms
- Research advancements in rendering technology and techniques to support improving the game pipeline and feature set
- Convert goals into clear, estimated engineering tasks
- Openly communicate with management and production about the scope and progress of tasks
- Proactively support the success of other team members by providing technical guidance, participating in code reviews, and mentoring junior team members.
A Typical Day May Include:
- Attend a cross-discipline stand-up with other developers
- Estimate effort for change requests or bug fixes
- Code and test as part of development
- A studio-wide play test
- Review code changes from other engineers
- Discuss ideas, improvements, or issues with other engineers, designers, and artists
- Provide support to other engineers via paired programming
- 5-8+ years’ of experience driving computer graphics improvements in a AAA development environment
- Solid background in Vulkan compute, OpenGL, D3D or other modern graphics API
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, GLSL, or Cg
- A passion for code and data optimization
- A passion for keeping up with latest graphics algorithms and techniques
- Experience with low level profiling and memory optimization
- Experience with console development (preferred)
- Strong communication skills that support effective cross-team collaboration
What we offer:
- A highly competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive employer funded healthcare – ensuring you pay nothing out of pocket for in-network medical care
- Employer-paid premiums for dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Generous benefits include 20 days PTO, 12 paid holidays and a studio-wide holiday break annually
- “As needed” sick days to prioritize your well-being
- Annual health & wellness, video game, and continuing education reimbursements
- Industry-leading family planning and fertility care benefits, including gender-affirming care, through Carrot Fertility
- Enjoy free catered lunches, meal reimbursements, and snacks and beverages for in office staff
- Engage in regular team outings and events to foster a positive work culture
- 401K with a company match for your financial well-being
PUBG Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams , our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.