Senior Graphics Engineer
9 days ago
Unity Engine is used by millions of creators around the world to build powerful and engaging real-time experiences. At the heart of this is graphics, from the initial point of content creation down to the final pixels on the target device.
In the Hybrid Renderer team, we focus on low level high performance draw call submission API for all the platforms Unity supports now and in the future. Additionally, we are responsible for the Entities Graphics package used to render all of the entities in Data Oriented Technology Stack.
Our mission is to enable external and internal developers to get the best rendering performance out of all the platforms supported by Unity.
As a Senior Graphics Developer, you will be in an outstanding position working alongside other graphics developers in Unity to improve the quality of the rendering systems and the performance of cross platform high level graphics architecture. Successful candidate will also help external Unity developers ship multi-platform projects without any complex problems!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain high-quality and performant rendering engine systems
- Maintain existing systems, improving performance, testability and stability
- Work with cross-functional teams to bring new engine features to all platforms
- Closely collaborate with our other developers in the development of Unity.
- Build automated tests for new features and bug fixes
What we’re looking for
- Experience with the C++ programming language.
- Extensive knowledge of real-time 3D graphics and experience with one or more of DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal or similar graphics API.
- A passion for computer graphics.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn from others and contribute your knowledge to the team.
You might also have
- Degree in Maths, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar subjects.
- Experience with Unity or similar games engine and common graphics debugging and profiling tools such as RenderDoc.
- C# / mono/ .NET experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.