Senior Graphic Designer (Marketing)
21 days ago
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to connect with our guests through world-class immersive experiences. Our vision is to create a global community where people come together to experience new realities. With our Hollywood motion capture cameras, 3D body trackers, and haptic suits, we’re operating the next generation of cinemas - where our guests are the stars of their own movies. Venturing into space? You got it. Channeling your inner pirate? Absolutely. Need to get some steps but hate the gym? Our experiences definitely get our guests moving.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 25 locations and 7 countries around the world. (We’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, and are averaging 4.8/5 stars on our Google reviews across all US locations). Oh, did we mention we're rapidly expanding? We want you be a part of our journey and help us build this new world!
About the job
We’re looking for a talented, innovative, and savvy Senior Graphic Designer to be an integral part of our content and marketing team. You will be instrumental in helping us define our creative vision and shape the look and feel of promotional art – from motion graphics and digital assets to printed posters – to support our global marketing campaigns. This role is an excellent opportunity to significantly impact Sandbox VR guests worldwide through your unique design capabilities. We have created a team of incredibly talented and passionate individuals who are genuinely empowered to create and are challenged to learn and grow. For you, this means more opportunities to unleash your creativity and grow your career.
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design with in-house and/or agency experience;
- Strong understanding of design principles: color, typography, layout, and composition;
- You have a portfolio that shows your awareness of the current culture in art, design, entertainment, technology, music, and pop culture;
- Graphic design experience across multiple disciplines is a plus, including large-scale print, poster, website, email marketing, social media posts (Instagram, Tiktok ads), logo, packaging, etc.;
- Adept at demonstrating the design process from start to finish (ideation phase to final execution);
- Able to apply theory to practice while adapting your design process to the project at hand;
- Able to multi-task and switch context across a multitude of projects;
- Strong motion graphics skills. Proficiencies in Adobe After Effects are preferable. Experience in Element 3D, Maya, and Cinema 4D is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Quick learner, hardworking, with a high level of motivation, results-orientation, trustworthiness, and teamwork spirit;
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, and strive for excellence;
- Proactive and comfortable working with both local and remote team members;
- Experience in the gaming industry is a big plus.
- Work closely with other artists, marketing managers, and designers to translate high-level marketing initiatives into eye-catching campaigns that capture the imagination of our potential guests;
- Create excellent promotional art (images and videos) that showcase the uniqueness of our experiences in a wide variety of visual styles, tones, and themes;
- Create layouts for various print projects, including logos, packaging, manuals, and marketing materials;
- Create digital assets, including web pages, social post content, and finished, edited videos incorporating motion graphics;
- Contribute to the team by providing input, feedback, and constructive assessment of designs;
- Collaborate with external design vendors and creative agencies on campaigns by providing art direction and feedback;
- Improve graphic design capabilities by keeping up with global trends, aesthetics, and pop culture, as well as by being enthusiastic about learning from actual marketing campaign results and applying these learnings to future projects;
- Support cross-functionally as needed.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.