Senior Gameplay VFX Artist
14 days ago
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. The team that created Divinity: Original Sin 2, PC Gamer’s Game of the Year 2017 and Metacritic’s top-rated PC game of 2017 and the upcoming Baldur’s Gate 3 is working on new projects and looking for new talents.
We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles and dialogue. To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help. We want to find passionate, skillful people to join us on our next adventure and are now looking for a Senior VFX Artist for our Quebec City studio.
- Creation of VFX for gameplay, environments, cutscenes, etc.
- Creation of textures, materials and shaders.
- Design and storyboard VFX.
- Implement the VFX in the game while retaining the performance of the game.
- Develop the tools together with the Code Department.
- Work closely with artists, leads, art director and other departments.
- Mentor team members
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a VFX Artist in the video game industry.
- Have worked on at least one shipped title.
- Expertise in creating shaders (node-based material editor).
- Ability to draw, paint, model & animate.
- The ability to independently come up with creative solutions.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work in a team and receive and implement the creative guidance of the VFX Director.
- You must be willing to iterate over your work to keep improving the game.
Nice to have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with Houdini, Maya, Substance Designer.
- Concept drawing and has 2D drawing skills.
- Some Scripting or Programming knowledge.
- Experience with console game development.
- Excited about RPGs and/or D&D