This job might no longer be available.
Senior Gameplay Programmer
7 months ago
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work.
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Good understanding of gameplay technology and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors in July 2008 and has since become the largest AAA lead studio in Asia. We are proud of our expertise in naval technology and very excited to bring a brand new online, naval, open world IP to you – the pirate game Skull and Bones!
Our other notable achievements include working on every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, and being the innovators of naval gameplay in Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins. And did you know - Ubisoft Singapore works closely with Ubisoft Chengdu and Ubisoft Philippines as an Armada of three studios! We can’t wait to bring exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences to you.
Find out more about us on our website: singapore.ubisoft.com