Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You’re into games – you love playing them and love building them. And you love to code, but if they asked you to come up with some ideas for a feature or for a title, yeah, you could do that – which means you get along great with game designers, the people who use your tools and systems to make the product a blast.
You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and tools to support gameplay (animation, locomotion, navigation, combat, etc.).
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other programmers as needed.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks.
- Test and document code produced.
- Support tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements.
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years professional programming experience.
- Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play.
- Expertise in C and C++.
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills.
- Proficient in linear algebra.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Specialist in other game programming areas (audio, effects, networking, etc.).
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.