This job might no longer be available.
Senior Gameplay Programmer
13 days ago
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer at Alpha Channel Inc., you will be responsible for creating new systems & mechanics while being responsible for bringing them to a high level of polish. You’ll be expected to prototype, conceive of, implement, and iterate on new game features, and you’ll work closely with a cross-discipline team to pull it all together.
- Work with a cross-discipline team to develop varied game features
- Test your features, and seek out feedback from your peers to test, iterate and improve.
- Debug and optimize your code (low and high level) to ensure optimal performance and quality
- Work closely with other programmers to ensure your mechanics and systems work well with other mechanics and systems to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Contribute to the overall design and development of our games. Spend the time to play regularly, give feedback and passionately contribute to creating an impactful high quality experience.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- You have previous experience in gameplay programming with at least one game shipped
- You are very comfortable in C++ game development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Passionate about video games and the game development industry
Nice to Have:
- Unreal Engine Experience
- Experience developing for modern consoles
- Experience developing character controls and interaction systems
- Experience developing combat systems
- JIRA Experience
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second-guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!
We are incredibly grateful to be recognized as a GI.biz Best Place to Work, 2023. To have achieved this so early on in our journey is a testament to the team and our collective contributions to our culture.
As a small studio, we set out to do game dev differently and so to win this award gives us such a sense of pride.
We are excited for the future of the studio and to continue sharing our creative projects.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.