Senior Gameplay Programmer - Player, Camera & Controls [Star Wars Project]
11 days ago
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer. As part of our Gameplay team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other programmers, designers, artists and testers. In your day-to-day work, you will develop new game features using Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will have the chance to work with implementation and maintenance of various parts and systems. You will be working on player centric features like combat, controls, movement and camera. In this role you will have ownership and responsibility and will be able to make a direct impact on our exciting project.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing player centric gameplay systems. You will focus on character locomotion, camera, controls and combat together with game designers
- Investigate and solve problems independently
- Drive initiatives related to creating and improving systems and be responsible for the performance of systems
- Guide and support junior programmers with domain expertise
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Performance awareness in algorithms as well as in memory and bandwidth usage
- Documenting your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities
You as a person
You have passion for games and game development. You enjoy playing various games as part of research and learning about best practices in the field. You are comfortable working autonomously, and you know how to structure your tasks. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. You communicate and co-operate well with other team members. Your solid communication skills make it possible to iterate with designers as well as collaborate on systems with other programmers. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a Gameplay Programmer focused on C++
- Worked on multiple PC and/or console titles and have the knowledge of the process and life-cycle of game development
- Professional experience of working with a multithreaded engine with modern techniques
- Knowledge and experience with performance critical programming
- Previous experience of having the ownership over a core gameplay system
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, pleasecheck-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.